fredag 14 november 2014

T shirt into quilt 101

Christmas gift. I used all of his old punk rock t-shirts that he had saved over the years. Great tutorial on Free Motion Quilting - so clear and well-taught! I found that it is very difficult to keep the shirt from moving and creating an uneven square.


This is a great next project for kids that have taken Sewing 101 and are ready for the next step. Quilting machine works great but ran into problems when quilting T-Shirt material for a T-shirt quilt (breaking thread). Any recommendations on adjustments or setting changes to make to avoid this problem in the future I us SF101 to back the tshirt squares and then I use flannel for the backing.


The Beginning Quilting class is a great way to learn the basic fundamentals of quilting! Learn how to turn all those must keep t-shirts into a memory quilt to be cherished for years to come! November 2015 update:I now use Pellon SF-101 interfacing almost exclusively in my baby and t-shirt quilts. Pellon SF-101 interfacing almost exclusively in my baby and t-shirt quilts.


SF101 since I use regular quilitng fabrics in the top around the t-shirts. I put together this brief essay for anyone who is curious about this world of quilting. SHIRT QUILT: Learn how to turn the special or commemorative T-shirts you’ve been saving into a quilt.


Learn how to turn the special or commemorative T-shirts you’ve been saving into a quilt.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Obs! Endast bloggmedlemmar kan kommentera.